Carriers Liability Insurance Policy in mozambique | Britam - Mozambique
Carriers Liability Banner
Carriers Liability Content
Carriers Liability covers is a policy that protects your Legal Liability as well as defense cost and expenses when you transport and store the goods and merchandise in your care, custody or control.
Why you need? – Benefits
Carriers Liability covers the insured for legal liability for accidental loss of or damage goods in the custody or control of the insured whilst in transit by any means of transport, occurring during the period of insurance and within the territorial limits specified.
Who needs it?
This policy is ideal for companies or business men or that transport or hold goods in trust e.g.
What it covers
It covers your
- Legal liability
- Defence costs
- Expenses for loss and damage arising from actual, physical loss and or damage to property directly caused by fire, damage, and delay.
Coverage applies whilst the goods are:
- Temporarily stored in a warehouse you operate in
- On a vehicle in the ordinary course of transit
What we don’t cover - Exclusions
- Any loss or damage that occurs beyond the period of insurance.
- Consequential loss arising from loss or damage to goods.
- Strikes or acts of terrorism.
- Depreciation, delay, loss of market or any act of confiscation by the public authority.
- Refusal from the government, government agency or other competent authority to grant necessary permit or license.
- Goods which are being transported illegally.
- Any consequence of riot, strike, war.