workmen compensation policy in Mozambique | Britam - Mozambique
Workmen Compensation Banner
Workmen Compensation Tab Content
Work Injury Benefits Act
Work Injury Benefits Act (WIBA) is an insurance cover that protects employers, should their employees incur injuries or die in the course of their work.
It steps in to lift the employers’ financial obligation under work injury benefits act to compensate workers injured out of and in the course of employment.
How do you commence on Group Life Cover?
- Compensates employees in case of death, injury and disease contacted in the cause of employment and for connected purposes –death or permanent disability, the compensation is for 96 months earning
- Weekly earnings following an accident (Actual earnings up to 52 weeks)
- Medical Expenses Benefit: The employee is compensated for any expenses reasonably incurred in an accident and covers dental, hospital treatment, surgical dressings, drugs, skilled nursing services, travelling and subsistence as well as supply, maintenance and replacement of artificial limbs, clutches and others.
- Death Benefit: Payable to beneficiaries in the event the insured dies due to the injury.
- Funeral Expenses Benefit: The employer is liable to pay reasonable expenses to cover for funeral expenses.
- Temporary Total/Partial Disablement Benefit: This is given to employees who suffer temporary or total disablement that incapacitates him/her for three or more days.
This policy is ideal for:
All employers, whether employees are permanent or temporary. Every employer must obtain and maintain an insurance policy, with an insurer approved by the Minister in respect of any liability that the employer may incur under this Act to any of its employees.
Death, injury and disease contacted in the cause of employment and for connected purposes –death or permanent disability.